We offer an Associate of Arts degree in Liberal Studies from New York University to men incarcerated at Wallkill Correctional Facility. Prior to and upon release from prison, we provide academic advising and information about re-entry resources, and maintain community partnerships to develop long-term pathways for students to continue their education and pursue personal goals after incarceration.
Student Services include:
- Academic advising
- Writing & research support
- Career services
- Professional workshops
- Multimedia training
- Wellness services
- Social events
Watch a video of the first NYU graduation at Wallkill C.F.
- 48 college courses have been offered at Wallkill Correctional Facility
- 140 students have earned transferable NYU credits at Wallkill
- 8 students have earned their Associate’s degree from NYU while incarcerated
- 73 students have been released from prison and are home
- 7 former students have held paid 16-week internships with PEP
- 6 former students have enrolled full-time in Bachelors programs at NYU Washington Square in Psychology, American Studies, Latino Studies, and Individualized Studies